Join now - be part of our community!

Desktop PCV-LX1 - removal of casing

RitchieDAVIES
Visitor

Desktop PCV-LX1 - removal of casing

Hello!

I should be very grateful if someone would advise me on the method for removing the casing to access the hdd as I do not have my manual to hand.

Regards

Ritchie

:thinking: :angry: [:">]

5 REPLIES 5
VAIOneer
Visitor

There is a manual available to download at the following site:

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Desktops/LX1/LX1_H_EN.pdf

Its in english, and the section you want is on page 69. Its the bit about removing and installing memory - but it shows you how to get the cover off - whch is what you want to know.

:cool:

cesar
Visitor

Go to Solutions Room for the answer, but sort version; Finally the dudes @ Sony (Love hate kind of thing) have got back to me. I have to max out my systems memory from 512MB to 1GB (Thank god memory getting cheaper)

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Ritchie, according to http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/review/9/2/246.html you need to unplug the power plug and unscrew the single screw in the power socket, then the case will slide off.

VAIOneer
Visitor

The screw is actually just to the side of the power inlet not inside the power socket (see p.69 of the manual as mentioned before).

I don't think electrical safety would allow the screw to be inside the actual power socket :anguished:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

Jaan, thanks for the clarification.

I did not see your earlier post with a link to the online manual. Of course that is the best reference. :slight_smile: