Join now - be part of our community!

Disabling Laptop Lights

Josh8
Visitor

Disabling Laptop Lights

I was wondering if there is anyway of disabling the front lights which glow up when its on, the WLAN switch is on, the battery is being charged and when CPU is being used? I am on Windows XP and I am using a Sony VAIO VGN-FS515H

8 REPLIES 8
Dekesh
Visitor

how about opening up the vaio and pulling them from the board :laughing:

im not sure if this is possible but out of curiousity why would you want to disable them?

Josh8
Visitor

Its so I can run my programs without my parents knowing that my laptop is on, they turn it off when they see that the lights are on

eagle-eye
Visitor

Funny buggers - why not try some Masking tape :smileygrin:

apierc1
Visitor

Have you tried telling them not to? Although I do remember an old friend of mines mum who would just walk up to the computer and pull the plug out while we were playing on it, but then she was/is a nutter.

Josh8
Visitor

My mum turns it off even if i tell her and she could tell if masking tape was on!

MattWilson
Visitor

Blu-tack is perfect! It blocks out light completely and you only need a little.

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Its so I can run my programs without my parents knowing that my laptop is on, they turn it off when they see that the lights are on

You can better ask how to turn off your parents :laughing:

MattWilson
Visitor

Is you machine still in warrenty?

If not then remove the bottom plate and open up the machine. From the LEDs at the front there should be some leads or legs that are soldered to the board. Use some wire cutters to cut these and no more lights!

Opening up the case whilst it is still under warrenty is likely to void any warrenty claim.

Preform at your own risk.