Join now - be part of our community!

Disc Defragmenter not working after going back to Win 7 from Win10

Disc Defragmenter not working after going back to Win 7 from Win10

Hi  I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but found I had a couple of annoying problems and read on the sony site that my laptop is too old and not Sony supported. So I decided to go back to Win 7 which went well. Everything works fine except Disc Defragmenter. I have a Vaio VPCEB1EOE, model no. PCG-71312M.

However you open DD this message comes up;

DD was scheduled using another program. DD is currently using customised settings created by another program. Before you can modify the schedule, you must remove the customised settings.

Remove settings/Cancel are the options. If you click on "Remove settings" nothing happens except after a few seconds the message disappears. This happens every time I open DD.

I've tried restoring but it won't go back further than when Win 7 was reinstalled. I also tried deleting and restoring just the program but Windows wouldn't let me do that either.

My only options seem to be to try Win10 again or do a full format and reinstall Any ideas? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

PS. Tried restoring it from the back up on another drive but that didn't work either....