Join now - be part of our community!

Display problem on monitor

Martinella
Visitor

Display problem on monitor

Hello,
First of all, I am sorry if my message is not posted in the right place of the forum but it has been difficult to identify where to apply.
I bought a PC VAIO Sony 2 years ago which has been working satisfactorily so far.
Yesterday, suddenly, the monitor started changing luminosity continuously going through low, middle to high. The icons (low, middle, high, user) from the menu carry on showing on the left part of the screen.
I looked into the display menu and could not stop the problem, I also unsuccessfully tried to re-install the driver from Sony site. My monitor is a Sony LCD color SDM HS73;

If anyone knows a solution or has a lead to suggest, I thank you in advance
Merci beaucoup
Martinella

2 REPLIES 2
gsweetieuk
Visitor

Hi Martin I have the kind of same problem which I just post it today on the forum but is notebook I got and I had it just over 2 years as well and the monitor goes dim after I switch it on ...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

You're in the right place, as it's desktop related.

Sounds like you have a dodgy inverter. Normally they don't usually replace them in desktop monitors, but you could try looking for a repair.

Personally I'd buy a new one (even though it goes against my enviromentally friendly view that we should recycle)