Join now - be part of our community!

Displaying problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamal9722060
New

Displaying problem

Hello,

i got VPC EC3S0E lap top. it has a problem.

i think that the screen and the video cards are not working properly. for example, if i explore any internet page, then the texts are not displayed properly, some are vey small and some are very big, there relative ration ar not proper. when i do the same in the scond lap top which is VGN-FZ240E, then the same page is dispaled properly...!!!!!!

this is also applied to other programs!!! their icons and text are not displayed as in the other lap top!!!!!

how can i fix this problem?????

which controls may help with this regard?

it is really annoying...

regards

Jamal

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Hello Jamal,

going by your description, there are a number of points to check, each of them can be the root cause or part of the cause of the problem:

• Most browsers have a Zoom function. You don't say which browser you are  using, but most have zoom buttons, a zoom menu entry or zoom when you  hold CTRL and scroll the mousewheel. This is the most likely cause of  the problem, since not all elements on a web page will zoom gracefully.
  • The VPCEC3S0E has a display with a native resolution of 1600x900. Make sure that this resolution is what you have selected in the display settings in Windows. Other solutions will work, but force the display to find a way to display an image that doesn't match the display's detail, loosing display quality and resulting in blurry images
  • The normal Windows DPI (dots per inch) setting is 100 - but other values may be preset. Windows scales texts, icons and user interface elements based on this value. Check what this is set to, go with 100 if you are not sure.

I hope this helps.

jamal9722060
New

Thank you for the answer stephanius,

i tried all the settings that you have indicated, but the problem is still there!!!

let me just give you another example about the display problem:

when i press "print screen" and then i past the image to MS-Word, then the pasted image doesn't fit the Word document page...!

if i do the same in the other lap top, the pasted image comes and fits the page of the document!!!!

which other settings does affect such beahiour of the display???????

regards

Jamal

stephanius
Visitor

There are two problems here

1) How your browser renders a page and

2) the result of pasting a printscreen in word are two different problems.

for 2) I guess it's down to either a different version of Word handling image pastes differently, or the different size and dimensions of the two screens resulting in different image sizes and dimensions.

for 1) Could you please provide a screenshot to illustrate the problem? View www.sony.co.uk in your browser, press ALT+PrtSc, open mspaint, paste the image there. Save it in a place you can find back, then reply to this thread and use the 'attach files' option below to add your image.

jamal9722060
New

Thank you for your prompt help.

i'm attaching the print screen of www.sony.co.uk.

does it look like normal?

regards

Jamal

stephanius
Visitor

It does look normal, yes.

It looks just like what I see when I go to the site, see attachment.