Join now - be part of our community!

Do you seriously want to buy a VAIO?

profile.country.es_ES.title
rasalaz90
Visitor

Do you seriously want to buy a VAIO?

Well i post here to convince you all what a bad idea is to buy a VAIO. This brand offers quality, but if your computer needs to be repaired, then you have a problem, because tech support is the worst ever i've seen.

I had a problem with my laptop:

Sometimes randomly, when i turned on my laptop, it suddenly gets shutdown. I sent the laptop to repair service, and after many argues with the tech support and near 4 weeks of wait, they sent me back my laptop, supposedly "repaired".

But, the second time that i turned on my laptop, i had the same problem. They refuse to refund my laptop for a new one, so I'll have to wait another 4 weeks knowing that maybe will occur the same situation.

So ,that's all, i recommend you reader, to think it well before buying a VAIO.

Greetings, Franciso

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Full name removed

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
shanbalasay
Visitor

Hi Franciso,

Your post made me wonder if SONY support is that bad.

I've been using my VAIO (VGN-FW21L) for the last 3.5 years and it is working without any problems, still going great. Few days ago, my Wireless LAN failed to work eventhough it worked fine in Safe Mode. Contacted SONY Support and they guided me to 'System Restore' and WLAN works fine now. This was a small issue and didnt require any hardware repair, so I can understand the support was good.

Might be a difference in your case. For the use of all SONY customers, can you provide the below details and explain a bit more, so we could be more sure of your situation.

Whats your VAIO model?

When did you buy?

Is it out of warrantee/guarantee?

Did you lodge any formal complaint?

I found the support/service provided by other providers was bad enough

Greetings

Shan

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Full name removed