Join now - be part of our community!

does the 'Virtual Audio Streaming' software solve the 'Record what you hear' issue with vaio / win 7?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mr.Easton
Visitor

does the 'Virtual Audio Streaming' software solve the 'Record what you hear' issue with vaio / win 7?

Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that came with Win 7 installed. I am using Audition 3.0 as a music program and have come up against the problem of the stero mix not being available as an input device. As such i am unable to 'record what i hear' (straight from the soundcard). I have researched this problem and it seems to be an issue with windows vista / windows 7 and especially with sony laptops. It seems that the function has been removed by Sony / Microsoft as some kind of anti piracy measure. As i have bought this laptop for music this is very frustrating!!! I have seen that soem people have recomended programs like Virtual Audio Cable and Virtual Audio Streaming as a possible way round this issue but as i understand it VAC is difficult to install in Windows 7. can anyone recomend either of these programs or any other alternatives as a solution to this issue?

Cheers,

Mr. Easton.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The marketing blurb implies that it will work: -

http://www.shiningmorning.com/VirtualAudioStreaming/

However, as the software is offered as a free 30 day trial, perhaps it is worth a try to see if it is true!

:wink: