Join now - be part of our community!

Downgrading VGN-NR11S to XP!!!!

MDWalls
Visitor

Downgrading VGN-NR11S to XP!!!!

Hi there and thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions. I have a sony vgn-nr11s which came with vista. I would like to downgrade it to xp and I am at a loss as how to do that. I have searched the web and found that I can not put the sata drivers I need on a usb memory stick, they say I can only do it with a floppy but I dont want to pay for a external floppy when this would be the only reason I used it (seems a waste of money). I have tried nlite but the discs it creates dont work and I tried unistalling it and reinstalling nlite with no joy so here I am wondering if any1 has done this b4 or has a disc I can aquire off them. Well thanks for taking the time to read and reply to this.

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mark and welcome.

As far as I know there are only two ways to install XP because XP cannot recognise any other input devices apart from the inbuilt DVD/CD-ROM and an external USB Floppy disc drive.

1. Use an external floppy drive. For the cost of under £20 it is a good investment to have a 3.5 inch floppy drive. This is the only external device your Vaio will boot from with XP installed so it could be very useful in the future.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/60118

2. Use nLite and slipstream the SATA drivers into the installation disc along with the other drivers and utilities.

Sony does not support XP on your model and has not created any drivers or utilities. You will have to get most of these from the VGN-N11S original drivers pack and original utilities pack as this model was sold with XP installed.

:wink:

MDWalls
Visitor

Hey and thanks for the speedy reply :tongue: I have tried slip streaming the sata drivers and even burnt the image onto a disc but it didnt work. I tried again with no success. I guess I will be buying a external floppy. Thanks again for your help.