Join now - be part of our community!

Download from Camcorder using PMB

profile.country.en_GB.title
morecroftkirkes
Visitor

Download from Camcorder using PMB

I have used PMB to successfully download my AVCHD files from my Sony CX550 camcorder.

Then this weekend I downloaded a new version PMB 5.6.01.03300 and am now having problems downloading AVCHD video from the Sony CX550 Camcorder.

I connect to my Vaio C series PC via USB and choose PMB to import my media files.

All goes well to start with, but part way throught the import I am told ~

Import Media Files to PMB ~

"Cannot import because you do not have access priveleges for the folder to import to"   So I end up with some of my footage but not all.

As a work-around I can select a few files at time and transfer them over in batches of 3 or 4.  More than that and I get the error message again.  However, this process is time-consuming and there is the possibility of files being missed.

I have checked my access rights to folders and they seem fine to me.

I have tried to download using "Import only Media Files that have not been imported" but the error message is then

"Cannot find the media files to be imported"

Conversely, the download of my AVCHD Video using Windows 7 Windows Live 64 works fine, but I prefer PMB download, because the clip names are more user friendly and the GPS data from the camcorder is transferred across.

Advice appreciated.

thanks

Message was edited by: morecroftkirkes

6 REPLIES 6
vbaisetty
Visitor

Hi,

I am having similar problems with PMB after upgrading it to current version  5.6.01.300.  With earlier versions I did not have this issue.

I am getting this problem on W7 Professional.

Also i am thinking it has something to do with the size of the imports.  I am encoutering this error exactly at 10.5 GB of imports are complete.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

VB

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
headhog34
Visitor

Hi

I find that if you simply just try it again it will work.  You may get the error message again but you will see that some files did download.  It may take a couple tries as my first download only grabbed about half of the files on my camcorder but after the second try all were captured.  Good luck.

morecroftkirkes
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Repeated attempts gave the same unsatisfactory result, although the point at which the download froze varied a little.

I never had this problem with the previous version of PMB, so I put it down to a glitch in the new version.  Hopefully, there will a fix soon.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi morecroftkirkes,

One of the other experts has escalated this problem to Sony, in the meantime could you let us know..

What model vaio you have.?

Are you still using the Sony supplied OS

If possible could you provide a screen shot please.

Any other info, error message, ect. that you think may help.?

SierraB6
Visitor

I have a HDR-CX150.  I am still using PMB but started getting the same error message after I downloaded the most recent upgrade today.  I was able to get all my videos uploaded eventually but I had to import in 4 batches and each time it had to be to a new folder.  Very frustrating!

profile.country.NL.title
rtt007

I normally use just the Import Media Files tool (handicam utility) without starting the PMB.

1) You may need to check-up the folder chosen as a Location for your Media files or try to register and use different location folder and check-up the location folder access rights.

In PMB click  File --> Media Files Import Setting --> Location for Imported Media Files and choose another location folder (not in Windows system folders).

2) You may also download your files to any existing folder. Check-up if you have the necessary free disk space indeed (it is normally reported by the Import Media Files tool).

3) Another way is just to download all the videos/pictures from your camcorder like from attached external USB drive.