Join now - be part of our community!

driver for cd-rw CR830E

profile.country.en_GB.title
gldc1651
Visitor

driver for cd-rw CR830E

where can i get driver for cd-rw CR830E?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Drivers for Optical Drives are provided by the Windows Operating System.  Probably Windows 2K or XP for your Vaio.

There may be a firmware revision - what Vaio do you have - something like PCG-GRTxxx.

You don't say what problem you are having?

gldc1651
Visitor

the problem that i have is that the computer dont recognize the optical driver so i cant use the windows operating system.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Perhaps the drive is faulty.  Did it work OK before?

gldc1651
Visitor

yes the drive was work exelent before
do you know where i can download the driver?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If the drive will not accept a bootable disc it is nothing to do with drivers because Windows is not yet loaded.  The problem is that the CMOS is not recognising the drive.

Check in the BIOS that the CD/DVD-ROM drive is recognised by the CMOS system so that it can boot without Windows.  Check that the BOOT sequence is (1) HDD, (2) CD/DVD-ROM, (3) etc.

When you can boot Windows - then you need the Drivers provided as part of Windows: -

C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\CDROM.sys

C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys

C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\PxHelp20.sys

C:\Windows\System32\storprop.sys

You haven't said what model you have.   You can download all the drivers from the Sony Support website but you need the model type.  If you have a PCG-GRT800 Series, the downloaded drivers are these: -

GRT800_Drivers.jpg

I cannot see chipset drivers there - only the NorthBridge.inf

In my view, either the drive is broken or it is not being recognised by the BIOS.  See what is shown on the BIOS screens.

:slight_frown:

gldc1651
Visitor

thank  you ill try that