Join now - be part of our community!

DRIVER ISSUES

sverdlov
Visitor

DRIVER ISSUES

GREETINGS,

When I bought my VGN Vaio it was wiped out with an XP CD. Which means that all the original vaio drivers where lost. I have been able to find alot of them here but Im still having issues.

No sound from my laptop. when i go to control panel+sound and devices, it pulls up the audio window but it says that NO AUDIO DEVICE and will not let change any options.

Keyboard is set as a desktop keayboard and not like my vaio keyboard. I hot keys and other things come up.

Motion Eye wont come on. I cant find the drivers or the software, also system wont find the hardware either.

NEED SOME HELP....

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
andrewparkes
Visitor

What model is it?

You need to install the hotfix for the audio first then the drivers i think!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sverdlov

Did you try using the HDD recovery partition to restore your Vaio's original OS and applications?

To do this (as long as the recovery partition is still intact) start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press F10 repeatedly, the recovery utility should then start.. :wink:

Alternatively if you wish to keep your current set-up download the pre-installed Drivers and Utilities for your model Vaio from HERE

Once downloaded extract and then install the following utilities, in order, this usually resolves the FN key problem.

1 Sony Utilities
2 Sony Shared Library
3 Vaio Event Service

Once completed then re-boot your vaio.

You may have to do this more than once.. :wink:

To install the audio High Definition driver you must first install the Microsoft's KB835221 hotfix, then Install the audio driver for your sound device..

You should find the Microsoft's KB835221 hotfix within the sound drivers folder, however to make it easier I've attached the file below..

sverdlov
Visitor

thanks for the file, that fixed my audio problem, I was able to to get two of the 3 drivers you posted. I can't find SONY SHARED LIBRARY. Any help on where to look.