Join now - be part of our community!

Driver update for NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT required

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Lakhwinder
Visitor

Driver update for NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT required

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW21Z with a NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT.

I need to update the NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT driver but NVIDIA do not provide support for a driver update for my Sony Vaio model - they simply refer me to Sony Vaio support.

Sony Vaio support for this Vaio model do not have an update for the NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT driver!

I have had a look around the internet and other people have had this problem - is anybody able to help me find an update for the NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT driver for my Sony Vaio VGN-AW21Z please?

Thanks

Update - I just spoke to "Paul" on the online Sony Vaio messenger support service and I told him about the above problem. I fully explained the problem (which involved answering some questions he had) and he simply stated that Sony "may" support the driver "soon" - he then promptly terminated the conversation without waiting for a response!!!!

Am I alone in thinking it is completely wrong for Sony to not support (i.e. provide updates for) a driver they have on their own laptop???????? - especially when Nvidia refer you to Sony themselves for the driver update!!!!!!!!! Without the update I cannot run some of the software I want to run (i.e. World of Warcraft). This is soooo wrong!!!

Message was edited by: Lakhwinder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MurdoD
Visitor

This should work for you :slight_smile:

device manager

- Right click on your video card and select"Properties"

- Select the "Details" tab

- From the drop down menu, select "hardware id"

- Take a copy/paste of the string listed, and fill in the gaps on this site:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

Select your OS etc, and press the "Filter" button. This should allow you to get a recent driver for your laptop model :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, please mark it as a "Helpful Reply" if so!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MurdoD
Visitor

This should work for you :slight_smile:

device manager

- Right click on your video card and select"Properties"

- Select the "Details" tab

- From the drop down menu, select "hardware id"

- Take a copy/paste of the string listed, and fill in the gaps on this site:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

Select your OS etc, and press the "Filter" button. This should allow you to get a recent driver for your laptop model :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, please mark it as a "Helpful Reply" if so!

Lakhwinder
Visitor

Yeah - this solved the problem. The laptop drivers website is the place to go. Cheers

I have a Sony VAIO with video card Geforce 9600M GT and do not find the driver for this device run on Windows 10 Pro 64.