Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers and Restore Info.

profile.country.en_GB.title
paulian13
Visitor

Drivers and Restore Info.

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me on how to fix my Sony Vaio VGC-V3M computer, because of an issue I had to re-format the hard drive, hence I have lost the original audio drivers, I have tried installing the drivers listed on the Sony website, this has the effect of crashing the machine! I have tried other software but they do not locate the correct driver for this machine. Does anyone know if there is a system restore disc that will put the machine back to factory settings ? As I no longer have this on the hard drive.

Many thanks

Paul.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Paul,

Which OS do you now have installed and which version of the driver are you attempting to install?

If you have updated the OS from XP the original drivers are unlikely to work and you will need to source the manufacture (SoundMax) audio diver for the relevant OS.

If you have the original OS and the driver fails to work then you possibly have other issues.

You can purchase a set of recovery media from Support – you will need to call the OOW number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat