Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers and utilities for PCG-7H2M

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
roligan
Visitor

Drivers and utilities for PCG-7H2M

Somebody gave me a VAIO PCG-7H2M. I can't seem to find the drivers and utilities on Sony support.

Somebody here http://www.fixya.com/support/t6251303-need_drivers_4_sony suggested to use the drivers/utilities from VAIO PCG-K33.

Does anybody know if that would work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Roligan,

If there are no executable files or files named Setup.exe within some of the folders then you will need to update that particular device driver from within Device Manager.

Open Device Manager and look for any devices with a warning symbol. Right click the device and select Update Driver. You then need to point the update wizard to the relevant .inf file within the extracted folder for the device using the 'Have Disk' method. If you are unfamiliar with this have a look at this link:

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/CS-009272.htm#b

For example if it is the Modem point it to SnyHDANk.inf. – For the Video NVSZ.INF.

I hope this helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
roligan
Visitor

I have just tried to execute two of the files and got the message that it was not intended for my model (PCG-7H2M).

I have formatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows XP so I badly need the drivers/utilities.

Where do I find them?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi roligan,

You are quoting the chassis number and may find the model is similar to VGN – FExxx.

Have a look on the screen surround or above the keyboard. Once you have the correct model number we will be able to point you in the right direction.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
roligan
Visitor

Hi Rich,

yes the model number is VCG-FE11S and the drivers for the FE11S is here:  VAIO Support Europe

There were 4 files which I have put on my portable hard drive which I then plugged into my VAIO.

There are
- drivers
- modem
- utilities
- video

I have managed to install all the utilities.

However, I have problems with the other 3. When I try to install a  driver it asks me to extract a file. When I extract the file then all I  get is just the same files as before. I don't seem to be able to find  the execute file which actually installs the file.

Really appreciate any advice you might have.

Roligan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Roligan,

If there are no executable files or files named Setup.exe within some of the folders then you will need to update that particular device driver from within Device Manager.

Open Device Manager and look for any devices with a warning symbol. Right click the device and select Update Driver. You then need to point the update wizard to the relevant .inf file within the extracted folder for the device using the 'Have Disk' method. If you are unfamiliar with this have a look at this link:

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/sb/CS-009272.htm#b

For example if it is the Modem point it to SnyHDANk.inf. – For the Video NVSZ.INF.

I hope this helps.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
roligan
Visitor

Hi Rich,

understand the device manager process. How do I know what a warning sign is?

Roligan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Roligan,

The warning symbol is usually an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle if no driver has successfully installed or, if the device is unrecognised, a question mark. Device Manager will normally expand any device with this problem and the warning symbol will be obvious.

However, if a generic driver has successfully installed you will not see any warning but the device may not work as expected. In this case you will need to locate the device (within Device Manager) in order to update the driver using the ‘Have Disk’ method.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
roligan
Visitor

Hi Rich,

perhaps it's best to take one example.

In the 'Drivers' folder there is a folder called 'Camera'. In that folder are all the files attached. I have no idea how to install them.

I don't get a notification when you post which is really annoying. Do you have an email address for communication?

I really appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Roligan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Roligan,

Taking the Camera as an example usbvm321.inf (File type ‘Setup Information’) is the file you need to point to.

I think the problem is that the folder view is not showing known file extensions. To make file extensions visible do the following:

Click ‘Tools > Folder Options’ > Click on the ‘View’ tab. Scroll down to and remove the check against ‘Hide extensions for known file types’ – click ‘Apply’.

I will send you a PM with a contact email address.

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Edited to give correct location for 'Folder Options'.

Have you checked your email notification preferences?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you checked your email notification preferences?

Hi Rligan,

If you are not sure how to do this..

Click on preferences under your user name (at the top right of this page) or use this link - Email notification preferences

Then ensure there is a dot in the Yes circle next to both -

Automatically receive notifications for all discussions I reply to:

Automatically receive notifications for all discussions I create:

You should now recive an email, to the address that you used when you registered, when someone replies to a thread you created or have posted a reply in..:smileyhappy: