Join now - be part of our community!

Dropped driver noise during startup on AR51SU

profile.country.en_GB.title
micdonal
Visitor

Dropped driver noise during startup on AR51SU

Hi all.
I am new to Sony Vaio's. I bought an AR51SU 3 weeks ago and have had one or two problems. Startup was slow and sort of in two stages! Also even though Vaio update reported that there was an update for the graphics card I tried to instal it 3 different ways but it kept reporting that the device may not work properly. I ended up uninstalling the device and letting Windows install a basic driver then updated through Vaio update. All is now well, I'm glad to say.
One thing still irks a bit though. During startup the desktop appears after about 45 seconds then about 30 seconds later Windows makes the noise of a "dropped driver". Everything seems to be working fine but I have been trying to find out what that noise signifies and haven't come up with an answer. I would be glad if somebody more savvy than me could possibly come up with any possible reasons for it.
Many thanks,
Mike D

3 REPLIES 3
stef4o
Visitor

Hello! It seem's to lost the eHome infrared reciever driver! Check your IR Remote Commander works or no! If no - SHUT DOWN the computer by the main button and start again! This fix the problem untill!!

micdonal
Visitor

I will see if the remote works when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.
It happens on every startup though so another shutdown and startup won't do anything it seems.

micdonal
Visitor

The remote works fine, so it's not that. Will keep looking, lol.