Join now - be part of our community!

dvd is not work in my laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
viralbhagat
Visitor

dvd is not work in my laptop

DVD IS NOT WORKING IN MY LAPTOP. SO PLS CHECK WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN IT AND MY COMPUTER MENU THERE NO SYMBOL CAME S IN THERE. WHEN I PUT DVD OR CD IN DRIVE  SO THE LIGHT IS CAME FEW  MINUITS THEN AFTER THEY R DIDNT SEE.   LAPTOP MODEL IS NS 20ES.  SO PLEASE GIVE ME REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Message was edited by: viralbhagat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry we didn't reply earlier.  Hope it isn't too late!

If the error code is 19, 31, 32, 39 or 41 then a small registry edit should sort the problem.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you set a System Restore Point.

Then:

1.Press the ‘Windows’ key and press R.  In the Run box type: REGEDIT  , and hit enter. For Vista/Win 7, type REGEDIT into the search box and open it).

2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but not usually.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Check in Device Manager.  Is there an error against the CD/DVD-ROM drive?

Please give us the error code number (Error 39, Error 41 etc)

If it is a known error code the cure may be a simple Registry Edit.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

:thinking:

viralbhagat
Visitor

error 39 is cames on device manager. so pls give me reply.................

KatherineYH
Visitor

The easiest way to verify your drive is toast is to find a CD/DVD you can boot from, such as an OS disk. If your drive is dead, it may attempt to spin up, but it will return "boot device failure" or no boot device...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/301313-28-drive-working-laptop

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry we didn't reply earlier.  Hope it isn't too late!

If the error code is 19, 31, 32, 39 or 41 then a small registry edit should sort the problem.

The following involves changes to the registry and I recommend that you set a System Restore Point.

Then:

1.Press the ‘Windows’ key and press R.  In the Run box type: REGEDIT  , and hit enter. For Vista/Win 7, type REGEDIT into the search box and open it).

2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

click on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work – but not usually.

:wink: