DVD-RW DVR-K16M problem!!!!! :(

szary
Visitor

DVD-RW DVR-K16M problem!!!!! :(

hello Everybody!!! I've got a very serious problem. here is description:
1. Installed service pack: Windows MCE
Still using service pack: yes
2. Boot language: English
3. Detailed problem description: I have a problem with my PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16M device. during the rocording process it has problems with recording speed calculation. even if the blank recording dvd media is capable to reach 8x speed, it starts recording at 2x then inn the middle of recording process the speed incerses to 4x and later 6x and at the end it finally is 8x.
after the recording, recorded dvd can't be read by any dvd device, even in another computer.
4. Checked for upgrades or patches: yes
5. Additional SW: ahead nero premium 7.5.7.0
6. Additional HW: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16M
7. Extra memory added: no
8. Additional remarks: none

the version of firmware of my dvd device is 1.0
I tried to change to DMA transfer mode in primary ide channel in device manager but it gives no effect.
Device 0 current transfer mode is set to Ultra DMA mode 2 and Device 1 has no possibility to change anything - just information "not applicable"
I've also recovered system from recovery disk and the situation is the same. I've also tried to burn dvd disc with preinstalled software - ClicktoDVD - it has the same symptoms.

I've tried to contact with experts from e-support, but I didn't get any answer.
Could anybody please help me with the address to service centre, because I've really tried everysthing and nothing helps. so I would like to send them my laptop to repair my dvdr drive or replace it.
I would be thankful for help.:)))

2 REPLIES 2
sulina
Visitor

Try use Padus Diskjuggler, I had the same problem using Nero.
The speed is something that you cannot change but it is the drive that wrks apperantly like that.

Use another software to record and try to record data on different type of media. I had incompetable problems with media too.

I hope that some day they get a firmware for this bloody dvd rw, otherwise the vaio is ok

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The write speed is correct - the 8X speed will be the maximum speed the drive writes at.

The speed at the beginning of the burn will be slower than the max. speed because CDs & DVDs are written from the inside of the disk to the outside and the drive is of the constant angular velocity type. The max. speed will only be achieved at the edge of the CD when the circumference of the track is the greatest.