Join now - be part of our community!

DVR K-15 Problems

osman.six
Visitor

DVR K-15 Problems

Hi, I'm having a very strange problem with my Pioneer DVR-K15 which was supplied with my Vaio FS215M. Basically, the drive is accesible through the Command Prompt (copying files to the HDD works), and it will Autorun any media put into it without any problems, however it just will not open in Windows Explorer.

I've tried all the ways of getting in, from straight double-clicking to sneakily selecting it from the address bar, but it just does nothing. As if I hadn't even tried opening it. The same applies to right clicking and selecting "explore". I've searched for updated firmware and only found a patch that doesn't work. Also tried uninstalling the drive and rebooting, still no joy. VAIO Hardware Diagnostics also told me the drive had no errors.

Seeing as the problem arised just after the one year warranty expired, I tried and tried and eventually gave up. Just bought an external drive, which was cheaper than sourcing out another DVR-K15 and having the hassle of changing the bezel etc...

Just wondering if anyone was up for a challenge really, suggestions?

0 REPLIES 0