Join now - be part of our community!

ERROR 334

profile.country.en_GB.title
haari4824
Visitor

ERROR 334

WHEN I TRYING RESTORE COMPLETE SYSTEM I AM GETTING THE MESSAGE ERROR : 334, ANYBODY CAN HELP ME

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi haari4824

It would be helpful to know the reason for restoring the system and the problems, if any, that led up to this.

The error code would suggest a hard drive problem. Have you checked that the hard drive is recognised in the BIOS (tap F2 at boot to access the BIOS).

If the drive is recognised then try resetting the BIOS to defaults and then attempt the recovery once more.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.de_DE.title
onairgraphics
Visitor

Hello. I got the same problem. No possibility to solve it!

My old HDD was defect so I had to get a new one.

The new HDD is 750GB NTFS formatted and 100% ok and brand new (tested by dealer).

• I bought the 4 original Recovery DVD´s from my Sony Dealer for VGN-AW31ZJ (my notebook)
  • The new HDD drive is recognized correctly in the BIOS (Hard Disk Drive 1: 750GB)
  • I was resetting the BIOS to defaults, too. (Get Default Values / Load Optimized Defaults)

I attempted the recovery about 20 times during the last 8 weeks.
It doesn´t work. Always Error 334

Please help!

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi onairgraphics,

Is the replacement drive by any chance an 'Advanced Format' drive? If so have a look at this thread to see whether anything there helps.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/757559#757559

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
firionicable
Visitor

I've also been looking for an answer on this type of problem, but to no avail. It seems like I am stuck. This could be a HDD problem. I will try to change mine and see what will happen.

profile.country.de_DE.title
onairgraphics
Visitor

Hello Rich.

My HDD is no 'Advanced Format' drive. I´ve tried it with another HDD, same model, same manufacturer, same size as the one which was originally build in my VAIO. This HDD got no bad sectors and was tested before. HDD is 100% ok.

The Error is the same! Error 334 at 0% during System Recovery with original recovery discs. I think there have to be a problem with the recovery software itself, because nothing else was changed on the laptop since I bought it.

There is no way to solve the problem. I´m so annoyed about Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi onairgraphics,

Apart from purchasing a new set of recovery media the only other thing I can suggest is to reset the BIOS to defaults and then try the disks again.

Rich

Edit: Sorry just re-read your original post and see that you have already reset BIOS to defaults.  I wasn't aware that dealers supplied recovery media. I thought the only genuine source of supply was Sony Support...

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Hi, I did try reseting my bios and rest, and still am getting the 334 error code. The HD in my Sony was replaced 20 months ago by Sony, following the replacement of the screen and the moterboard. The recovery media I purchased from Sony less then 6 months ago. I can't see why i have to buy a new set of recovery disks, again. Nothing has changed, except the hard drive died, again... This laptop doesnt travel, is kept on a desk and why it keeps crashing is beyond me. I cant think of anything else but cheap parts, that are sold at extortionate cost. 

Please can you advise how to fix this fault.