Join now - be part of our community!

Error Message!!

profile.country.en_IE.title
fiomurph
Visitor

Error Message!!

Hi folks, wonder if anyone can help?? Every day at 6pm this message comes up on screen!! "Error loading C/Program Files/Common Files/Paretologic/UUSZ/UUS.dll." I dont know what it is, or how to get rid of it!! so if anyone knows can you let me know!! Laptop hasnt been same since got a trojan virus!! also will not restore back for me!! cheers.. :slight_frown:

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Carlowlass,

Have you uninstalled a ParetoLogic program.?

If so you can either try re-installing the program.

Or

You can stop the "Error loading C/Program Files/Common Files/Paretologic/UUSZ/UUS.dll." error message from appearing by doing the following..
Click Start , click All Programs , click Accessories, click System Tools then click Task Scheduler..

Click Continue on the User Account Control window.

In task scheduler window you should see three sections, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click ParetoLogic Registration(or something similar) and in the new window, on the right hand column, select either delete or disable...

fiomurph
Visitor

WoW, Thanks your a star!! not sure what it belongs to though!! any ideas on why I cant restore laptop back anymore!!! I am useless at technical jargin!! Thanks. :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

any ideas on why I cant restore laptop back anymore!!!

Are you referring to system restore.?

If so then if Norton is installed on your Vaio it can interfere with System Restore, normally with an "Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored" error message, use the following link to view the solution:Norton System restore solution.. :slight_smile:

fiomurph
Visitor

Hi again, No I use AVG!! not Norton!! have never had a problem until this Trojan mess came on screen, then when I tried to restore to earlier date, will not let me! message says cannot restore to this date! I tried other dates and same message each time!! any ideas! Thanks a mill. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi carlowlass,

it could be that the system restore points have been deleted or corrupted by the trojan..

try running a system restore in safe mode..

To boot into safe mode, Start your Vaio and when the Vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly..

What trojan virus do you have or did you have on your Vaio.?

fiomurph
Visitor

hi again, Thanks for that will try in Safe Mode!! As for Trojan, I wouldnt have a clue, just remember these messages kept coming up on screen!! I just deleted them.. as I said, not technical minded atall!! :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you run an antivirus scan.?

fiomurph
Visitor

Hi again, I am scanning now~! taken over 1hr so far but nothing showing up!! will let you know tomorrow.. Cheers.. :slight_smile:

fiomurph
Visitor

hello back again, ran the scan took over hour but came back with no threats found!! so I am lost! the day the messages came up I was downloading music from Limewire!! so not sure if virus came from there, but I have uninstalled Limewire since!! you are really helpful.. as I am a beginner! :smileygrin: