Join now - be part of our community!

eSupport

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lijahko
Explorer

eSupport

My Vaio died and I need to get it fixed (warranty still valid). I contacted eSupport four days ago and I didn't even get an automated message saying my query has been received and would be dealt with in x number of days. 

Does anyone know if there are still humans working in eSupport and reading the messages?  I had a problem a couple of years ago and when I contacted support they replied within a few hours.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

That's excellent news & yes please keep me updated..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi @lijahko,

I have been informed that Sony have been in contact to arrange for a buy back refund, could you please confirm this??

lijahko
Explorer

Hi Thalamus

Yes, as I mentioned in my previous message, they contacted me on Monday and buyback was agreed.  I have given them my bank details and am now waiting for the money.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi lijahko,

I only saw in your post that you had been contacted but was unsure if you had been offered a repair or buy back hence why I wanted to check that the info I was given was correct..

lijahko
Explorer

With the invaluable help from Quinnicus and Thalamus, this matter has now been settled.

I have received in my bank account a payment of 70% of the net purchase price of my Vaio in 2012.  Not quite enough to pay for a replacement, but I am pleased with the amount.

Thanks again for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent thanks for the update & glad we were able to help..