Join now - be part of our community!

Factory settings

profile.country.en_GB.title
coxy86
Visitor

Factory settings

Hi All just wondering if anybody can help me. I have a sony vaio VPCEB3LOE laptop and i recently completely formatted my hard drive which has erased the factory settings. I installed a version of windows 7 and i have downloaded vaio care package from here but there isnt an option for me to create a recovery disc on it so i can put the factory settings back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Chris

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chris and welcome.

If you have deleted the Recovery Partition by formatting the hard drive, you can no longer make a set of recovery discs as these are a copy of the Recovery Partition.

The only way to revert to factory settings will be to purchase a replacement set of Recovery Discs from Sony.

The time to make recovery discs is before you format the hard drive.

:thinking:

coxy86
Visitor

oh no! can they be made on another sony vaio laptop and used for mine? cant the factory settings be downloaded from sony?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Recovery Discs are model specific and discs from another Vaio model will not work.

No, for licensing reasons you can't download the Operating System and Preinstalled software.

Are you sure the Recovery Partition has been deleted?

Try Start -> Right-Click Computer -> Manage -> Disc Management.  What partitions are shown on the hard drive?

:thinking:

coxy86
Visitor

In there it is showing C drive which has 438 gig remaining out of 465 gig and its showing a system reserved drive with a capacity of 100mb. how much space does windows take up as i have nothing installed yet and my C drive has used 27 gig. Is that what windows takes up? thanks for your help

Chris

KatherineYH
Visitor

M

Read your manual to find the Fn key to access the recovery partition if available.

Life is too serious to be taken seriously

Copy/pasted from http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/182821-os-factory-setting.html

Message was edited by: rich912

To provide source.