Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty Screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jenross8064
Explorer

Faulty Screen

Two blue and red vertical  lines have appeared on the screen of my VGN-AR31E.  Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I am a bit worried because the first line appeared suddenly and then the  other line appeared about a fortnight later.  I hope this doesn't  indicate that the whole screen will soon be effected.

I'm sorry to say but it does sound screen related as the problem is not visible when connected to the TV..:smileysad:

It may be worth contacting one of Sony's authorised repairers for an accurate diagnosis and then you can decide on what action you would like to take..

To find contact details for your nearest Sony authorised repairer..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your model from the drop down list.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jenross8064,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Do you get the same problem when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Do you get the same problem in the BIOS

To enter the BIOS restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F2 key repeatedly..

To exit the BIOS press F9 to reset the BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit..

Also are you able to connect your vaio to an external monitor, as this may help to further identify the cause of the problem.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jenross8064
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for your help.

The lines are still there when in the BIOS or in safe mode.

They are not visible when the notebook is connected to the TV.

I am a bit worried because the first line appeared suddenly and then the other line appeared about a fortnight later.  I hope this doesn't indicate that the whole screen will soon be effected.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I am a bit worried because the first line appeared suddenly and then the  other line appeared about a fortnight later.  I hope this doesn't  indicate that the whole screen will soon be effected.

I'm sorry to say but it does sound screen related as the problem is not visible when connected to the TV..:smileysad:

It may be worth contacting one of Sony's authorised repairers for an accurate diagnosis and then you can decide on what action you would like to take..

To find contact details for your nearest Sony authorised repairer..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your model from the drop down list.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab