Join now - be part of our community!

FE31M Bluetooth connection with sony ericsson k800i

dense
Visitor

FE31M Bluetooth connection with sony ericsson k800i

Hey,

i own a FE31M and a k800i...

would like to send some pics from from my mobile to my notebook but i can´t get a connection.

any ideas ?

thx a lot

Dennis

9 REPLIES 9
dense
Visitor

no ideas ?

Bluetooth is activated ... i also installed the software from my mobile

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dense,

Welcome to Club Vaio,

Have you activated bluetooth on your K800i, if so, then you need to search for bluetooth devices on your Vaio and pair your phone.. :thinking:

Your phone manual may offer some further guidance.. :thinking:

dense
Visitor

thank you = )

i installed all the drivers .. i use the software pc suite which was delivered with the mobile.

i can connect it via usb-cable... that is no problem ... but the software can not find my mobile via bluetooth...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you activated bluetooth on your K800i.. :thinking:

dense
Visitor

bluetooth is active and visible modus activated in the menu..

dense
Visitor

via usb... no problem... buts still the problems with bluetooth 😞

VaioWoman1
Visitor

:smileygrin: Hi to you, Just a thought if you are not sorted yet!! :rose:

Did you first turn on Discovery on your VAIO by:
Start, Control Panel, Bluetooth Devices,
Options Tab,

Under Discovery:
Check box, Turn on discovery.

Under Connections:
Check box: Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
Check box: Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Then activate Bluetooth from system tray on VAIO!

Activate mobile Bluetooth, PLUS
Turn on Phones visibilty or it will not work. (Only for pairing.)

Once this is done you should have no problem connecting via PC Suite, however you must ensure you have an updated version of PC Suite as usually the one packaged is out of date. You will be able to update this directly from the version you already have by following the links.

Once all done you may have to passkey enable your mobile etc. during the pairing session by following the prompts that are usually displayed.

Tip: Choose your own passkey!

Once done go back to mobile and under Paired Devices authenticate!

***Alternative without PC Suite! Click Bluetooth icon in system tray and select Receive a File and then send a photo by bluetooth from your mobile. It will search for your VAIO which has still to be set on Discoverable etc...as your mobile does as per all above instructions. A lot faster if you do not need to use PC Suite for editing or other.....reason...

Good Luck! :rose:

giannis_mgr
Visitor

i faced same problem and last days i made a update of firmware on a sony ericsson store!now my k800i it can be seen from my FE-21B as a hard disk!i also used another soft called my phone explorer which is much better then sony soft!try to update your k800!

Seawit
Visitor

I had this problem more than once with a K610i. The problem lies in the internal definitions of the phone, so, not always the info posted by VaioWoman1 solves it, in most SE phones with 2.0 bluetooth device, at least. But make sure that the instructions that VaioWoman1 posted are followed and that 2.4 Ghz WLAN isn't used simultaneously with the computer's bluetooth device.

Most users can solve this by going through this simple procedure that doesn't require the PC Suite to be installed:

On the phone:
1 - Go to Bluetooth menu.
2 - Make sure that it isn't on.
3 - On the Visibility option, choose Show Phone.
4 - On the Economy Mode, choose Off.
5 - On the Phone Name, re-edit the name or choose one of your own.
6 - Go to File Manager, press the right screen key to select More.
7 - Select the Memory State option.
8 - Choose Phone option.
9 - Click again on the right screen key to select More.
10 - Select the Delete Keys option.
11 - Clean all options ( Keys without content, Keys of Other, Not Used Content).
12 - Repeat the steps since 6 but when reaching step 8 choose the Flash Card option ( if available).
13 - Go to the bluetooth menu, turn on the bluetooth device and go to My Devices, and choose add.
14 - After the computer bluetooth name appears you'll be asked for a passkey that has to be repeat on a panel that it will show on the computer.
15 - Now disconnect the added device and turn off the bluetooth on the phone.

After all this, to link up the phone with the computer, you only need to go to Bluetooth > My Devices > (device name) > Connect.

Hope that this would solve your problems also. :slight_smile: