Join now - be part of our community!

FE31M Overheating AC charger jack

profile.country.en_GB.title
jashewit
Visitor

FE31M Overheating AC charger jack

Hello,

Just looking for answers about my Vaio as it has just been laying around for the past few years, and would be nice to get it up and running again.

Anyways a few years ago when my vaio was working I noticed that the charger jack was getting hot, not like the usual "oh it's warm, should be okay I guess" it was at the point where you would be burned if you touched the metal bit at the end after 5 minutes of charging, but I managed to overcome this by tightly tucking the cable under the laptop and it returned back to normal, I could live with that, still annoying as heck though.

So for the next 6 or 7 months of tucking the cable under the laptop, it seemed to be alright, until one day, the cable burst open with sparks like a sparkler at bonfire night, so I had to act quickly and pull it out, amazed to this day that I never got injured doing it in the way that I did, and since then it always overheats, I bought a new AC charger, still gets way to hot, I even replaced the internal AC connection thing, still gets hot, and I certainly am not planning on letting it make it's own fireworks show again.

The thing is though, it will still charge, the laptop will still power on, and works perfectly, except for the charger, so am I right in thinking that there is some problem with the motherboard?

Would really like to have some help in this matter, also hearing about other people who have experienced this with a Vaio laptop and if they prevailed in fixing it would also help.

Regards,

Person who misses his Vaio.

0 REPLIES 0