Join now - be part of our community!

FN keys not work

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
outsider6
Explorer

FN keys not work

Hello

I have Sony Vaio TX3XP with Windows XP SP3. I cannot use the keys for controlling brightness etc. and vol UP and MUTE buttons do not work.
I dont have find any software to hotkey.

Best regards

outsider

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi outsider

On 1 March 2018 Sony have stopped listing drivers and utility programs for the XP operating system. Presumably this is because Microsoft have stopped supporting XP.

Unfortunately, this is typical of Sony who will do anything to get out of giving any support to its customers.

I think I will have copies of the files you need - Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service - but will need to search backups. I have just seen a PM from you - please send me an email address to send the files. Are you using the original OS or have you installed another copy - if so you may need more files!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi outsider

On 1 March 2018 Sony have stopped listing drivers and utility programs for the XP operating system. Presumably this is because Microsoft have stopped supporting XP.

Unfortunately, this is typical of Sony who will do anything to get out of giving any support to its customers.

I think I will have copies of the files you need - Sony Shared Library and Vaio Event Service - but will need to search backups. I have just seen a PM from you - please send me an email address to send the files. Are you using the original OS or have you installed another copy - if so you may need more files!

profile.country.GB.title
outsider6
Explorer

I send You PM message

Best Regards

outsider