Join now - be part of our community!

Fn keys (Sony Vaio VPCEB1E1E)

profile.country.sk_SK.title
martinko13
Visitor

Fn keys (Sony Vaio VPCEB1E1E)

Hi, I need advice. I have a Sony VAIO notebook VPCEB1E1E with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. But there I bought a new Seagate Momentus 750 gigabytes. I install the Windows 7. But Fn key not working.Volume up/down goes. But brightness,etc not. What should I do?

Thanks

P.S.: Sorry for my english. I'm from Slovakia :slight_smile:

Message was edited by: martinko13

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi martinko13,

The following extract is from Sony help and support. As it would seem that you have installed a retail version of Windows 7 I suggest that you go straight to Step 3.

Most VAIO computers have a few additional special function keys, which are not controlled by the standard keyboard driver.

If these keys stop functioning, this is usually a problem related to VAIO Event Service.

Step 1:  click the Start button, type  Services.msc  and press Enter.
In the list of services, locate VAIO Event Service and verify that the service is started, and startup type is set to Automatic.

Step 2:  if step 1 did not solve it, or you could not locate VAIO Event Service in the list, you may need to reinstall VAIO Event Service.
This can be done through Start - VAIO Recovery Center -  Reinstall Programs and Drivers.
If this option is not available, VAIO Event Service can also be downloaded from the Original Drivers section.

Step 3: in some cases, some additional related utilities also need to be reinstalled, in the same way as Step 2.  These are:
•    Setting Utility Series
•    Sony Shared Library
•    VAIO Event Service
•    VAIO Control Center
•    Also, if you have installed your own OS, the SFEP driver needs to be correctly installed in Device Manager for some models.
The above can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEB1E1E_WI/updates

The SFEP driver will need to be installed from within Device Manager using the ‘Have Disk’ method – i.e. pointing the installer for the Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device driver (which if not installed correctly will have a yellow warning symbol within Device Manager) in the direction of the downloaded SFEP driver.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat