Join now - be part of our community!

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

Jonny_D_1987
Visitor

Formatting Without Installing Add On's

hey guys, just got a lovely vaio yesterday and love it 😄 but i am not happy with all this useless software they have installed 😞 so i am trying to format without installing any of this..... how can i preform a clean install without installing any of this useless software, and only install xp?

thanxs alot guys

jonathan daly

😄

73 REPLIES 73
soul-salien
Visitor

You're welcome, post back if you require further help.. :four_leaf_clover:

Thanks a lot for quick reply, Thalamus.
I've done it...after couple of hours but I got it.
Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: You're welcome soul-salien.. :slight_smile:

desaputra
Visitor

Nice thread... very useful.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Nice thread... very useful.

Glad you found the thread useful desaputra.. :slight_smile:

t08
Visitor

Hi

Further to this thread, how do I perform a clean xp install WITHOUT retaining the recovery partition?

The Vaio Recovery Utility doesn't give me the option to delete the recovery partition when I'm about to recover C & D drves. It just says the recovery partition will be retained.
(I have made a recovery media kit so have no need for the partition and I would like the extra space.)

Thanks for the help.

t

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi t08,

Welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

If you are sure you want to remove the recovery partition, make sure you create and TEST a couple recovery disc sets before you remove the recovery partition.. :wink:

Here is Sony's official guide on how to remove the recovery partition..

t08
Visitor

Nice one thank you. Will test the discs first though.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Your're welcome.. :slight_smile:

theboykidney
Visitor

Then goto Start, click on Run and enter MSCONFIG. A System Configuartation Window should open, click the Startup tab and deselect VARU.exe, then click Apply and OK..

and if VARU.exe is not in the startup?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Then goto Start, click on Run and enter MSCONFIG. A System Configuartation Window should open, click the Startup tab and deselect VARU.exe, then click Apply and OK..

and if VARU.exe is not in the startup?

Is your Vaio running Windows XP..?

If Vaio Application recovery utility VARU.exe is not in the System configuration utility, startup tab then the program should not run at startup.. :thinking: