Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21 Drivers

maishan
New

FZ21 Drivers

Does anyone have any ideas as to when sony will post the FZ21 series preinstalled drivers on their support page?

cheers

32 REPLIES 32
maishan
New

Hi Lydecker,

hopefully the Original Drivers Package for the FZ21 series should be available to download, via Vaio-Link , some time next week.. :wink:

Any news on these drivers yet? Waiting patiently!

\cheers!

_eXplorer_
Visitor

Hi, I try to find answer for this question, so I place question to Vaio link support and get these terrible answer :thinking:

My question:
would like to instal my own Vista Bussiness, but I dont have FZ21M drivers, and provided sw. There is no drivers on Sony Support pages, same as on HDD in notebook. I make recovery DVD, but there is no drivers too. So Where I can download this drivers and ultilities for FZ21M notebook.

Sony Answer:
*** NOTES 01-Nov-2007 Action Type: Info
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like to inform you that our engineers are currently working on preinstalled drivers and utilities packages. Unfortunately they are not available yet on our website and we dont have any exact ETA for that. You need to wait a little bit more and keep an eye on our website www.vaio-link.com

I cant imagine where is problem??? I mean drivers exist, because its instaled in our machines! So why they cant place them on web. I feel so decided, this is my first vaio NB and I have so many problems... May I have to stay with HP :wink:

mavericke2007
Visitor

Hi, I try to find answer for this question, so I place question to Vaio link support and get these terrible answer  :thinking: 

I cant imagine where is problem??? I mean drivers exist, because its instaled in our machines! So why they cant place them on web. I feel so decided, this is my first vaio NB and I have so many problems... May I have to stay with HP :wink:

I could not agree more with you. I did have a Dell previously (Inspiron 9400 with Gforce 7900GS, 17") and it worked perfectly. The only drawback was the weight. I think Sony will be the best of all but not really... It is bog down with compatibility issues with no support for XP drivers (FZ21Z). Dell notebooks are XP compatible! Now that is the difference... The problem is that I would have to stick with Vista hoping that the Vista SP1 will solve the problems that we have currently on our machines.

Tagar
Visitor

Hi there...

I have a new FZ21Z notebook and I found the drivers in C:\windows\drivers directory.
Maybe it's there for you too..?

Check it out and if you still have a problem, contact me and maybe I can send them to you.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Start the Vaio Recovery Utility and then select options, then select Create Support Folders and click OK

This should place a copy of the Drivers and Utilities in a folder in C:\VAIO

maishan
New

Start the Vaio Recovery Utility and then select options, then select Create Support Folders and click OK

This should place a copy of the Drivers and Utilities in a folder in C:\VAIO

there is no 'options' option with the recovery center shipped on the FZ21 series.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

there is no 'options' option with the recovery center shipped on the FZ21 series.

The option button is found on the bottom left of the Vaio Recovery Utility window on my Vista Vaio.

See the image below.

_Luca_
Visitor

The option button is found on the bottom left of the Vaio Recovery Utility window on my Vista Vaio.

See the image below.

We don't have such a window: Click!...

_Luca_
Visitor

What do you think? may this help us? it's free...

maishan
New

nice find, but unfortunatly I'm guessing that wont resolve the problem of not having the shared libraried (which is the part I cant get to work on a fresh reinstall)