Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21M running hot

profile.country.en_GB.title
leekendr
Visitor

FZ21M running hot

I thought I should ask about this. Pretty much ever since iI had this laptop after a lil while of being on the casing of the laptop gets very hot, and the vents on the left side is very hot. is this normal. my gf has a NR38 and hers runs very cool, not stupidly hot like mine, ive got the laptop covered by extended warrenty thankfully, as i cant see that this heat is doing the inside any favours!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The FZ-Series laptops seem to run hotter than some other models.

Try using PC WIZARD and check the temeratures of the CPU, GPU and HDD and post them here for others to compare.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
leekendr
Visitor

just watching a film atm, CPU temp both cores 78-79 celcius and GPU 77 celcius

Ok ill now turn the film off, because thats not very fair, ive let it settle for a few minutes

CPU is 65ish and GPU just under 70

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That seems fairly normal to me.

Let's see what other FZ users say.

:thinking:

profile.country.pt_PT.title
luisarn
Explorer

That seems fairly normal to me.

Let's see what other FZ users say.

:thinking:

Hello Blecongo

My FZ11Z with the core loads around 15%, the CPU Temp is 50ºC and the GFX 63ºC right now.
The temperatures depends a lot of your room temperature too.
I can't say what is my room temperature right now but I turned on the air conditioner. :smileygrin:
I guess is around 20ºC now.

There was a time that my FZ were running around 65ºC of the CPU and 85ºC because of accumulated dust. I had to open my FZ and clean it up by myself.

Here's a tutorial about how to unscrew the FZ: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=209268&highlight=disassemble

Do it at your own risk! :slight_smile: