Join now - be part of our community!

fz21s hdmi output to tv

Bikerackers
Visitor

fz21s hdmi output to tv

Just bought my first laptop :slight_smile: and now trying to get things to run properly. Have tried to link the laptop to my Philips 26pf7521d and after trying all the combos I still can't get any sound out of the tv speakers. I thought it would be easy, hdmi to hdmi but no! I'm sure its simple but after 10 hours I can't see the wood from the trees :slight_frown: Any help most appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Bikerackers and welcome,

What have you tried? Have you gone to Control Panel -> Audio and set the sound output to 'Digital' - HDMI/SPDIF and set this as your default?

Bikerackers
Visitor

Hi Blencogo and thanks for welcome :slight_smile: I have been in control panel and it tells me the HDMI is the default device and all is well. I can't see the default that you refer to.

Visitor

I had the very same problem with my FZ11Z. Was trying to watch blu-ray with the sound to the TV and it didnt work. The HDMI sound thing was greyed out.

Unfortunately, the only way I fixed this problem was to do a full system recovery. After that I plugges it in and it worked.

Also worth checking the cable. Apparently theres different versions of the cable.

Bikerackers
Visitor

Um, think i'l try the cable first :slight_frown: Thanks for help. when lnking the laptop to your tv / display which setup do you use in the nvidia set up? Do you clone or do you use individual set ups for each screen?

Bikerackers
Visitor

Sorted :slight_smile: Cable was new and duff!