Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21S Screen Issues

LGarlando
Visitor

FZ21S Screen Issues

I have just purchased a Vaio FZ21S and appear to have 'problems' with the screen. When I display certain colours on the screen they do not appear to be 'solid' but have a banding effect similar to a printer with a head problem. This means that large areas of these certain colours appear to have dark bands about every 4 or five rows! Has anybody else observed a similar problem?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi LGarlando and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have you downloaded and installed the nVidia driver update from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-FZ&m=2808

:thinking:

LGarlando
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the welcome! Yes, my computer has the very latest drivers intstalled - I thought it may have been that. Any other thoughts? I have attached a picture - the best I could manage. The problem is only just visible in this picture but it is the horizontal bands

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There have been some teething problems with the nVidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU which have been put down to it being a new GPU still running on beta drivers. However, I would have expected them to have sorted it by now.

It may be worth registering the fault with Sony e-support just to get it on the record.

Perhaps other users of the FZ21S can contribute here - is this normal?

:thinking:

LGarlando
Visitor

I've registered the issue with them. I also seem to be noticing some strange diagonal lines on very light colours! Does anyone else have any display problems? I want to know whether to return the laptop or if its a driver issue...

Imran720
Visitor

i have recently purchased my vaio fz21s and are having no screen issues