Join now - be part of our community!

Game problems

barnesy99
Visitor

Game problems

I have a VAIO N11S/W with Vista Ultimate installed and have been trying to play games on it that are vista supported but they do not work. I have been to the Intel and Realtek websites to update my video and audio drivers and also updated DirectX but still they do not work. When i start the program it just says the game has stopped working and i have to close it. Anyone know whats wrong?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi barnesey99,

The bottom line is that this Vaio is not designed for modern gaming. The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 is a compromise between value and performance and will not run many modern games.

There is a COMPATIBILITY LIST FOR GAMES WITH GMA950 GRAPHICS on Intel's website - have a look to see if the games you are trying are listed and if they are incompatible or able to run on reduced settings.

The biggest problem is that the Intel Graphics have no dedicated memory of its own and uses up to 224MB of the System RAM as video memory. You may find that by increasing the RAM from 1024MB to 2048MB may help but I doubt it.

:thinking: