Join now - be part of our community!

Geforce 4 bios configuration

danf_42
Visitor

Geforce 4 bios configuration

I have the PCV RZ221, with the geforce 4 4600 ti.

I was told by Sony that dual monitor support was disabled in the bios of the card due to problems with giga pocket. However, due to owning 2 Sony LCD monitors I would like to enable the support for dual monitors.

Does anyone know of a work around? Nvidia don't supply a reference bios and say:
"You will need to contact your graphics card manufacturer for the latest custom BIOS for your graphics card"

Regards Dan

5 REPLIES 5
sclewis
New

hi mate i have the sony rz 104 just posted a simular question mine has the geforce nvidea 4600 ti card in.
i think the problem is retail versions of the card have a dvi-i output with can send out both digital and anologue but for some reason sony have put in a dvi-d output which is digital only and i am not too sure if the card can give out both signals at the same time.
and there is no vga to dvi-d convertor as the dvi-d output is digital only.
so what i have done is bought a geforce nvidia fx5200 agp card and its sorted.
the card should of cost £100 but pc world are doing them for £69.99 over the bank holiday.
let me know if you find where to find the bios settings for the graohic card cos i couldnt find it either

regards
scott lewis
scottlewis@ntlworld.com

chuckalicious
Visitor

Don't worry about them saying it's disabled, I think someone said it was disabled on the GeForce 4 MXs on the older PCVs too, but I just uninstalled the drivers and then installed standard nVidia ones, and now it works.
Give it a try

sclewis
New

hi again mate
thanks for the advice
can you tell me what cables are you using ie 1 x vga and 1 x dvi
etc etc.....
and also have a look at the dvi output on the card if you have one and check it to this website
www.tech-plus.co.uk and look at conectors
as my dvi output is dvi-d just wondered what your was
many thanks
scott lewis

sclewis
New

hello again mate
i have put the the 4600 ti card back into the computer but do not know how to delete the drivers
can you please advise me on how to do it as i would love to keep the original card in the pc
i deleted the earlist drivers through add and remove programs but then it wouldnt let me delete the later ones is this because i deleted the early ones first. it just kept erroring saying you need to stop open mg application to uninstall open mglimited patch. do you want to install open mg limited patch.
when i click yes it wouldnt let me saying something about secure version 3.1.00.07231
but as i said maybe i should of deleted the later ones first????
but the main problem was when i deleted nvidia windows 2000/xp display drivers the computer rebooted in in a low resilution (640 x 480) but then windows xp kept installing them back .
did you get the same problem if so how did you get around it
in the nvidia propities there are some driver versions in there but didnt have a clue on how to remove them either.
i am now going to remaster my pc back to its original settings with the rescue disc and try again but do not think i will be able to do it
so i would be very grateful if you could tell me how to delete the drivers.
also i take it the drivers you installed after deleting yours were the detinator drivers as they are the only ones i could find on the nvidia web site and you said install the standard ones. did i download the correct drivers
sorry about the long winded response, really hope you can help me
regards
scott lewis

chuckalicious
Visitor

Now, this is a theory that I tested some time ago, and if I remember correctly, it worked.
If you uninstall the old drivers from add/remove programs, do not restart, and then uninstall the display adapter in the device manager, then restart, but boot into Safe Mode (press F8 lots while the PC is rebooting, you have to be quick). Choose safe mode and this should take you in and allow you to install the new drivers, reboot back to normal and it should pick up the card again but choose the new drivers.
If not, install the new drivers under normal XP, uninstall the display adapter in device manager and reboot.
It should work, but it's a while since I've needed to do it, so let me know how it goes.