Join now - be part of our community!

Graphics card and Ram?

macka10
Visitor

Graphics card and Ram?

Hi all, I have just purchased a Sony Vaio which has 3 gig ram and an integrated graphics chip. What I would like to know is, I want to have 4 gig ram and a dedicated graphics card but do I have to allow Sony to install these or could I do it myself? I don't want to void the warranty.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi macka10,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Could you let us know what Vaio you have please, as you can imagine the specs vary.. :wink:

macka10
Visitor

Sorry I completely forgot, its a Vaio vpceb1eoe/wi?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi macka10 and welcome.

If you look at the specifications for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?m=VPCEB1E0E_WI&l=en_GB

it says you have 4096MB of memory already installed but it will take up to 8192MB.

I don't think the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics are capable of an upgrade.

:slight_frown:

macka10
Visitor

Hi macka10 and welcome.

If you look at the specifications for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?m=VPCEB1E0E_WI&l=en_GB

it says you have 4096MB of memory already installed but it will take up to 8192MB.

I don't think the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Graphics are capable of an upgrade.

:slight_frown:

Hi thanks for the reply but that isn't the spec of mine. My laptop has 3 gig ram in it, but I would like 4???

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

thanks for the reply but that isn't the spec of mine.

Those are the specs for a VPCEB1E0E/WI, isn't that the vaio model you have. :thinking:

macka10
Visitor

Those are the specs for a VPCEB1E0E/WI, isn't that the vaio model you have. :thinking:

Yes apparently lol

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes apparently lol

Hi macka10

have you checked the amount of RAM installed in your VAIO from within the BIOS.?

To enter the BIOS restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F2 key repeatedly..

To exit the BIOS press F9 to reset the BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit..