Join now - be part of our community!

Graphics Card problems on AR21S

profile.country.en_GB.title
jumbles1971
Visitor

Graphics Card problems on AR21S

I'm having problems with my graphics card (GeForce Go 7600 GT). When I exit some games or applications it leaves a black rectangle on the screen. If I click Show Desktop the rectangle minimizes but as soon as I restore any other window it returns. There's nothing on the taskbar for it and there's nothing listed in Task Manager (there might be something under Processes but there's 87 processes running at the moment and I haven't a clue what it would be called). I can't Alt-Tab to it and clicking on the rectangle and pressing Alt-F4 has no effect either.

I figure it might be a driver problem and I've just downloaded the 93.71 Forceware drivers from the nVidia site but wanted to check if any one knew how to get rid of the rectangle or if it's safe to install the nVidia drivers (on my last VAIO it had an ATI card and their normal drivers wouldn't install on the mobile version of the GPU).

Jumbles

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
jumbles1971
Visitor

I solved it and it only took me 5 weeks!!! :cool:

I downloaded Process Explorer from the Microsoft site and it has a function where you can drag a target onto a mystery process and it'll tell you what it is. I dragged it onto the mystery square and it said it was ICQ. As soon as I quit ICQ the mystery square vanished! :smileygrin: