Join now - be part of our community!

GRT-816S Shutting Down When Trying to Load Recovery Disc!!

kindred
Visitor

GRT-816S Shutting Down When Trying to Load Recovery Disc!!

My Vaio is shutting down automatically when I am trying to load the recovery disc. The percentages vary every time but, it just shuts down. Have noticed it is very noisy and hot at the back end of the Vaio. :slight_frown:

Would appreciate any help I can get as I do not live in Europe and have tried getting through to e-support and phone support with no joy.

At my wits end! :cry:

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Is all good now, or not?

kindred
Visitor

All is good Kee-Lo... I presume! :smileythinking: However, you did mention that 55C was ok, but not great...and this is the CPU temp after I have cleaned up the insides of my Vaio! It's really quiet now but, if 55C is only ok and my Vaio is not running at optimum level then is this situation a cause for concern.

I have seen software on the net that claims to assist in lowering the temp of a pc/laptop but not sure of its effectiveness.

That aside Thalamus and Kee-Lo, thanks again for all your help on this subject . It's good to know that I am able to obtain expert opinion when necessary.

Kindred

kee-lo_

Probably me nit-picking - but it could be great if it was lowered by 5c

VaioWoman1
Visitor

:slight_smile: :rose: Hi, May I take advantage at this point and ask if it is normal for my VGN-A417S Temperature 58ºc / 61ºc and HDD 38ºc! I did read somewhere on VAIO Support sometime ago that my model does apparantly get very hot! Need I be concerned as it has always been like this since day one of purchase!? I have to say that it runs extremely quiet too! Regards! :rose: :slight_smile:

ps Is there anywhere I can read about this?

kee-lo_

What CPU does it have VAIO Woman?

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Thank You :slight_smile: It is 2.00GHz!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thank You  :slight_smile:  It is  2.00GHz!

Hi Vaio Woman,

Your correct the A517S has a 2.00ghz Intel Pentium M 760

kee-lo_

It should be alright, but 58C is borderline