Join now - be part of our community!

Having Problem With Sony Vaio All-In-1

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Flannybhoy
Visitor

Having Problem With Sony Vaio All-In-1

Hi To All Sony Vaio Users,

I am having trouble with my graphics card, I re-installed windows but I formatted all the drives and had to get a loan of win7 of my friend to install it. I now have it up and working but trying to play a game and I get these error messages... "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system." "Football manager 2011 11.3.0f178533 has stopped working."

I went to NVIDIA to get my graphics driver and I downloaded the version it says in my system but I get this error message "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

I do not have the Windows 7 that was installed on the PC because I formatted the drives and do not have money to put it into the Sony shop to get fixed.

Any idea's on how to fix my machine would be great.

My dxdiag says:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

System Model: VPCL13M1E

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CRU     E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

If you need anything else from my computer to see what is the problem just PM me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would try reinstalling the original nVidia graphics driver from the downloads page for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCL13M1E_S

This will not be the latest nVidia version but try it and if you have any problems come back here and we can try something else.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would try reinstalling the original nVidia graphics driver from the downloads page for your model here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCL13M1E_S

This will not be the latest nVidia version but try it and if you have any problems come back here and we can try something else.

:thinking:

Flannybhoy
Visitor

Thank you for your quick reply, I am just downloading it just now and I will let you know if it works.

Flannybhoy
Visitor

Hi mate, it worked :smileygrin: just found this forum and you are a star mate, been trying to get this working for a couple of weeks now and you have just fixed my pc, thanks again mate.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Well done!

Glad to be able to help.

:slight_smile: