Join now - be part of our community!

Hello all ! I want to remove Office 2003 Trial Assistant from Vista

pjefcoelho
Visitor

Hello all ! I want to remove Office 2003 Trial Assistant from Vista

hello ones more!

I have a Vista Home Premium and I recently install a full version of Office 2003 but when I try to remove the Office 2003 Trial Assistant I was uncapable of removing in the add/remove programs because the "AssistantSetup_en.msi" is missing.
Thereafther I search a little and I found the Windows Installer Clean Up http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 in microsoft but not even this Installer Clean up removes the Trial Assistant.
Can anyone please help me with this issue with some tips.

Thank you in advance :wink:

Paulo J.Coelho

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.fr_BE.title
benste
Contributor

You've only to delete the data files of MS office in C://ProgramFiles ...

profile.country.en_GB.title
635csi
New

Deleting the office files will not get rid of Office. The registry also needs to be cleared of all information relating to office. If you later purchase a copy of office and try to install it on your computer, you will probably find that it will not install, and there seems to be no way to remove it. Also, it created a partition called Q on the hard drive. I tried to install a different version of Office on my machine and it would not install. Cost me £240. Luckily I have another home made computer that was able to use the office copy that I purchased. So now this machine is only good for playing games and browsing the net. Waste of time and money.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

What an old thread...:smileyghost:

If Microsoft Office trial came preinstalled on any of the PC's that I have bought I have simply gone to Add & remove programs, selected Microsoft Office Trial from the list & clicked on uninstall & then manually deleted any folders that are still located in the C: drive.

I have never encountered a problem in installing Office, in fact I have known some of my family to leave the trial in place, delete the desktop shortcut to the office trial from their desktop & simply install whichever version they already owned.