Join now - be part of our community!

HELLO MYFRIENDS I NEED HELP ABOUT VAIO BIOS PASSWORD

kkabakus
Visitor

HELLO MYFRIENDS I NEED HELP ABOUT VAIO BIOS PASSWORD

I wanna delete my bios password. This password in setup not interested in me but I wanna learn how can ı reset my bios password?
its vaio PCG-GR114SK
its PHOENIX 4 RELEASE 6 bios version.

yes my friend
I open my vaio case and I put off bios battery I am wait for enought time but not deleted my bios password I reseted bios. I think its about eeprom how can I deleted my bios password
thanks for helping
dear friends
THALAMUS CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE..............?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I wanna delete my bios password. This password in setup not interested in me but I wanna learn how can ı reset my bios password?
its vaio PCG-GR114SK
its PHOENIX 4 RELEASE 6 bios version.

yes my friend
I open my vaio case and I put off bios battery I am wait for enought time but not deleted my bios password I reseted bios. I think its about eeprom how can I deleted my bios password
thanks for helping
dear friends

Can you not remember your Bios Password:smileyconfused:

T00l
Visitor

I'm in the same boat. I bought this laptop (vgn-fs215m) cheap because it was crashing all the time. it looked like the harddrive so i purchased a new seagate 80gb. But I don't know the Bios password, and according to the person I bought it off (not to bright) he doesn't even know what a bios password is.

So is it the factory Sony password. Phoenix 4 release 6 password? Which I don't know.

Or cou
Or is it a phone call to sony and see if they can resolve it.

T00l
Visitor

I'm in the same boat. I bought this laptop (vgn-fs215m) cheap because it was crashing all the time. it looked like the harddrive so i purchased a new seagate 80gb. But I don't know the Bios password, and according to the person I bought it off (not to bright) he doesn't even know what a bios password is.

So is it the factory Sony password. Phoenix 4 release 6 password? Which I don't know.

Or could it of had a bios virus? which changes the password.

Or is it a phone call to sony and see if they can resolve it.

William
Visitor

As far as I am aware Sony do not ship Vaiio's with the password activated. I suspect a previous user chose to have one.

The Bios Password is stored in such a way that no amount of battery removal will erase it.

There is really nothing to alter in the Sony Bios anyway.

Is there a Bios/HDD related problem?

ie. Your Laptop doesn't automatically recognise the new HDD?

T00l
Visitor

As far as I am aware Sony do not ship Vaiio's with the password activated. I suspect a previous user chose to have one.

The Bios Password is stored in such a way that no amount of battery removal will erase it.

There is really nothing to alter in the Sony Bios anyway.

Is there a Bios/HDD related problem?

ie. Your Laptop doesn't automatically recognise the new HDD?

I've still trying to find the actual problem. the hardrive works ok but I still get blue screen crashes and OS not found when I reboot. I thought there might be a setting or two I need to change in the bios.

I'm currently keeping a eye on the temp which reaches 80c? is that normal.

Any ideas? do i activate the bios somehow then?

I should if stuck to my Mac:P

William
Visitor

There are no relevant Bios settings for you to change, perhaps fortunate as you cannot access the Bios.

I would ensure all fans and heat matrix are clean and c lear of debris and then reseat the RAM and try again.