Join now - be part of our community!

HELP ASAP WITH GRAPHICS CARD

madxbri
Visitor

HELP ASAP WITH GRAPHICS CARD

Hi all i am about to buy this card tomorow but need a bit info first
new card
from what i have managed to find out it is better than what i have in my pc standard
any info would be great ie will it fit will it be alot better ect ect
seams to be a good price thou :smileygrin:

17 REPLIES 17
madxbri
Visitor

ok update i have just had a rake around pc worlds site and there are a few cards for around the same cash anyone know what i should be looking out for i am not up on this side of things yet and not realy sure how to compare them with what i have ?all i know is i have a
geforce 4 mx460 64 mb with a tv out
any info or advice on what to go for or look out for would be great
thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Any of the 128MB cards should be good, specially ATI's Radeon.
The Geforce FX should be fine too, the only concern I have is the power supply in the machine might not be able to handle ti.

Good luck, and be careful

TygerTyger
Visitor

ATi are definitely the bees knees at the moment. Do a Google for the card name and see if you can find some comparison. They are usually a pretty good way to measure which is the best deal/best performance.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

nVidia are also a good bet at the moment...:smileywink:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Or Robs hamster with a paintbrush and easel.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Rob has a hamster? God I don't know much about you guys... LOL Question is do I want to know?:smileylaugh:

madxbri
Visitor

Any of the 128MB cards should be good, specially ATI's Radeon.
The Geforce FX should be fine too, the only concern I have is the power supply in the machine might not be able to handle ti.

Good luck, and be careful

do you know what size power supply i have in mine i just looked and cn the power bit oops lol

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Brian is this for the PCV-RX402 computer? If it is quite recent then it may be OK, when I did an upgrade on mine I discovered that if there is insufficent power, some vital parts of the system will not initialise, such as the hard disk (!) caused by the new video card.

If this is the case then a 400Watt power supply or higher with ATX power cables should fit but its hard to say for sure... Insufficient power can be dangerous so be very careful mate!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The problem is James they're non-standard