Join now - be part of our community!

Help needed to perform restore complete system

BountyKiller
Visitor

Help needed to perform restore complete system

My Sony Vaio VGN - NR11Z has failed to start . My guarantee has ran out , :slight_frown:

I have no restore points, so I cant to that . I have tried Hardware diagnostics, which has found no errors ,then I tried Restore C: Drive, which does`nt work because I get the message - " Your system drive is too small or may not exist. Select"Restore Complete System" to perform a complete system recovery. The thing is , I do not or cant find this option anywhere . If anybody can help me with this I will be most happy :smileygrin: .

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mark and welcome.

Have you tried starting the full recovery by connecting to AC power, turn on your Vaio and at the first Vaio logo screen, tap F10 repeatedly.

This should start the full recovery directly fron the hard drive without using any Vista software.

However, if your system failed to start it could be caused by a corrupt Vista installation - of possibly a damaged hard drive.

:thinking:

BountyKiller
Visitor

Hi Mark and welcome.

Have you tried starting the full recovery by connecting to AC power, turn on your Vaio and at the first Vaio logo screen, tap F10 repeatedly.

This should start the full recovery directly fron the hard drive without using any Vista software.

However, if your system failed to start it could be caused by a corrupt Vista installation - of possibly a damaged hard drive.

:thinking:

Thanks for the advice and help . I tried performing the above , but with no luck . :slight_frown:
It took me to Viao Recovery Enviroment / Edit boot Options with the path : \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
At this point I press enter which takes me to Recovery tools Launch .
These are windows system restore .....Viao Hardware Diagnostics....Restore C: Drive and Resue Data. This then could mean a damaged hard drive , but would the diagnostics tool tell me this ? I am hoping I dont need a new hard drive , if I do would you know how much it would cost parts and labour ?