Join now - be part of our community!

HELP : PCI DEVICE DRIVER ON VAIO FS 315E

jm_koffi
Visitor

HELP : PCI DEVICE DRIVER ON VAIO FS 315E

I've got a big pb . i've just formated and reinstall win xp pack 2 on my vaio laptop vgn fs 315E.. I installes all the driver but my pci device is not reconized. i cant laptop is not wireless anymore and there's no sound ..
I need help please , need a driver for my pci device .can someone help me ??????? urgent

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jm_koffi and welcome to Club Vaio.

For the sound - XP does not support hi-definition audio. You need to install the Microsoft Hotfix KB835221 or the newer KB888111 to enable XP to recognise your soundcard. You can then install the audio driver. This would have been in your old folder C:\Drivers\Hotfix but it should be in your driver download or you can Google for it.

For the PCI Device - I suppose it depends which device it is!!! It could be the soundcard or something else. It may be worth selecting it in Device Manager and choosing 'Scan for Hardware Changes' or 'Update Driver' and pointing it at your download folder or even to the Web. If it is your wireless LAN, let us know what driver version you need and I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. If you need the 2200BG PRO/Wireless for example - you can download it HERE

:wink:

profile.country.de_DE.title
youmag
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same Problem. Every time i install xp i become a problem with one drivers. This time i couldn´t hear the sound. I have installed the driver for the Audio and it is showed as installed. the only Hardware wich is not recognized is the PCI-Device and I couldn´t find a driver for it. Why did sony don´t make an exe-data to install all the drivers for xp or windows 7 ? it is i Nightmare with the drivers-installation in Vaio. My Model is VGN-SZ71MN/B. Even windows 7 and 8 have a problöems with the drivers.

So if you could help me I would be grateful!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi youmag,

Can you please confirm that you have installed the Microsoft Hotfix KB835221 prior to installing the audio driver as instructed by Blencogo.

Also please let us know the Hardware ID of the PCI Device – right click this in Device Manager > select properties and on the Details tab select Hardware Ids from the drop down menu. Given the Hardware ID we should be able to point you in the direction of the correct driver.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat