Join now - be part of our community!

HELP PLS - SONICSTAGE NOT RECOGNISING VAIO POCKET PLAYER!

mackiecross
Visitor

HELP PLS - SONICSTAGE NOT RECOGNISING VAIO POCKET PLAYER!

Hi,

After following advice posted on the forums, I downloaded and installed SonicStage 3.2 on my PC. However, it failed to recognise my Vaio pocket VGF-AP1L, I could not access it via sonicstage and could not transfer via Vaio music transfer (before I could use both).

I uninstalled SonicStage 3.2 & reinstalled SonicStage 2.3 Update, (returning everything to how it was prevoiusly).

But even now after following the 3 steps on the VAIO Pocket VGF-AP1 and VGF-AP1L Firmware Upgrade pages:

http://www.vaio-link.com/vaiopocket/firmware/firmware.asp?l=en

Even after carrying out these three steps, Sonicstage & VAIO music transfer both fail to recognise my player.

I would gladly welcome any help!

Thanks

MC

3 REPLIES 3
SmokingSquirrel
Visitor

I have the same problem and can't find a solution anywhere. I just bought a new computer and wonder whether its something to do with that?

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no matter what version of sonicstage i put on i get the "The ATRAC Audio Device cannot be used with version of SonicStage" warning or similar.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE help!!!??

jsonic
Visitor

Try this,

remove all software and then on the C drive in program files the Sony directory do this also in the program files common program directory, it solved my insolvable backup problem...

There seems to stay data behind.

JS

mackiecross
Visitor

To add further to this problem:

I installed the original software that came with the unit onto my laptop....then proceeded to update to SS3.1 and it works absolutely fine.

Both the laptop and the pc run the same operating system & have the same version of SS and all the updates....so why work on one and not the other....bloody beats me!!

only thing was that listening to some idiots suggestion to install ss.3.2 on my pc (which didnt work & was promptly uninstalled) is the only thing not to be done on the laptop.

however all traces of ss3.2 were removed by using mcafee cleaner....but i may try what Smoking Squirrel has suggested.....as all my music is on the pc and transferring music is a hassle as it has to be copied over to the laptop before being transferred to the player via ss3.1

il post agian later (2moro)....let u know how i got on