Join now - be part of our community!

Help - Problem with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7930H

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
joomonte8
Visitor

Help - Problem with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7930H

I'm having a problem with my Vaio VGN-SR59VG not recognising the DVD drive. Checking in device manager states that "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)".

I downloaded the latest firmware (EP0000299574.exe) but when I try to apply the update I get the error message "Target Optiarc AD-7930H is not found correctly"

Can anyone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi joomonte8,

A small change to your Vaio's Registry will probably cure your  problem and get your drive working again.  I recommend that you set a  System Restore Point before you start.

Then:

1.Press the ‘Windows’ key and press R.  In the Run box type: REGEDIT  , and hit enter.
2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 

click  on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it  exists) right click on UpperFilters and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on LowerFilters and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After  you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may  possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work –  but this is not usually required

Good Luck!

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi joomonte8,

A small change to your Vaio's Registry will probably cure your  problem and get your drive working again.  I recommend that you set a  System Restore Point before you start.

Then:

1.Press the ‘Windows’ key and press R.  In the Run box type: REGEDIT  , and hit enter.
2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 

click  on this and locate UpperFilters in the right-hand window, (if it  exists) right click on UpperFilters and select Delete and then OK.
3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on LowerFilters and select Delete and then OK.
4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After  you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may  possibly need to re-install your burning software if it doesn't work –  but this is not usually required

Good Luck!

:wink:

profile.country.pt_PT.title
joomonte8
Visitor

Thanks a lot, that seems to have solved my problem:)