Join now - be part of our community!

HELP !!! Vaio Media Integrated Server

Visitor

HELP !!! Vaio Media Integrated Server

Hi All,
Could someone help me to find where I can download Vaio Media Integrated Server software ( originally installed on my VGC-RA304 but since the upgrade to Vista Premium, I'm not able to use the recovery disc ). Without this software, I think I have no solution to use my wireless network to run my Picture album on my TV screen.

Please, help meeeeeeeeeeeeee :cry:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi 311192,

I am not sure if the program will work with Vista - I doubt it as it is not included with the new Vista Vaios.

There is an update at VAIO-LINK but I doubt if it will let you install the new version unless you have the original installed. There is also a download for the Recovery Utility.

You can usually start the Vaio Recovery Utility by tapping F10 when booting - when you see the first Vaio splash screen. This will allow you to recover your system to it's factory state. It may just offer a drive C: recovery. You can try installing VMIS (if it lets you) by clicking on Options at the bottom of the opening recovery screen and choosing 'Recover Applications that were Previously Installed' and selecting VMIS from the list.

I am not sure if it will allow you to do this and I am also unsure it will work if you can install it. The Recovery may only allow you to recover to factory condition as you have changed the operating system.

:thinking:

Visitor

Hello Blencogo,
Thank you for you help but unfortunatelly, the recovery disk want to reinstall the complete config.
Do you if I can find somewhere on the web an original version of Media Integrated Server. I've the PCW-A320 and VGP-MR100 devices but I cannot use them :anguished:
It's a crazy situation.. doesn't it ???
Thank you

Visitor

Hi again,

Too many hours spent on the net to find the VAIO MEDIA INTEGRATED SOFTWARE ( for Vista ... ) to run my wireless network and use the VGP-MR100 .... No success :cry:

Could someone tell me if Sony has scheduled to link the Vaio Media Integrated software updated for Vista ?

Thank you

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

I think they'll be working on that soon, as most of the new Vista stuff will be out at the beginning of Q2, April.