Join now - be part of our community!

Help with errors of pre installed software with no serial number from sony

profile.country.en_GB.title
craig40c
Explorer

Help with errors of pre installed software with no serial number from sony

Ok had a Vaio good spec cost about £800 and have had nothing but problems with it since day one and since no at Sony support has ever botherd to reply to my emails etc im looking for a little help as i can not call them at the times they require and now there email support is not working and it tells me to phone.... it really is a joke!

anyway now my adobe software which i puchased pre installed does not work, i get an 'error code 16' and im instructed to uninstall then reinstall,  but i have no disk from sony when i puchased it and adobe wont help without a product key/serial number for the software so as i can not phone sony and they no longer seem to be excepting support queries via email does anyone know how i can get the required info?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi craig40c.

Which model Vaio do you have?  Recovery procedures vary between models and ages.

Do you still have the original Windows operating system preinstalled by Sony?  If you do, it may be possible to reinstall preinstalled software. using Vaio Recovery Centre.

:thinking:

craig40c
Explorer

Thanks, the reply...

its a sv-e1712c5e windows 8 intel i7

I still do have the original software installed,  although i am thinking of removing it as i seem to have nothing but problems with it.

thanks again, Craig

craig40c
Explorer

Blencogo,

I cant find anything on my computer called Vaio recovery
craig40c
Explorer

I cant find anything on my computer called vaio recovery

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Craig.

On your model, preinstalled programs can usually be reinstalled using Vaio Care.

Close all running programs and find Vaio Care in the 'All Programs' list.  Double-click on 'Vaio Care' inside the Vaio Care folder.  If the UAC box opens, click Yes.

Under 'Advanced Tools' -> 'Restore & Recovery' select 'Reinstall Applications and Drivers' and see if your Adobe software is available for reinstallation.

You don't say exactly which Adobe program you are looking for and it is possible that if you bought it as an 'extra' when configuring your Vaio, it may not be available.  In this case you will need to speak to Sony Support - I presume your Vaio is registered and they have your email address?

You can usually find any Product Key by installing something like 'Belarc Advisor' - I think it works OK with Windows 8 - this will list all the Product Keys for all your installed software.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

:thinking:

craig40c
Explorer

switched the lap top on yesterday and photo shop is now working, but i am still having many issues with other things (media player wont work now0 and still sony do not call me back when i request a call back, if i try to update vaio software i get an error code. My vaio is registerd but when i try to send an email via support on website sony site i never get a reply.
Sony customer service is by far the worst i have ever experinced, in all honesty i do not know what to do, its just been a waste of £800 if i had purchased it from a shop i would have taken it back along time ago...