Join now - be part of our community!

Help with New Sony Viao Laptop

profile.country.en_GB.title
lgourlay
Visitor

Help with New Sony Viao Laptop

I recently bought a New Sony Laptop from our local Sony Centre Shop but after a few days the plastic insert located in the USB Port which protects the connections broke - the first time I have ever seen this or even herad of before.

I returned to the shop and explained the problem only to be accused by the manager that we had forced in a cable which was not pertinent to a USB Port.

On further investigation it was found that the other two USB Ports were out of line and the same thing could happen to them as well.

Again, the shop manager accused us of damaging them and they were not prepared to exchange the laptop or give us a refund and our only re-course would be to send the laptop back to Sony whereby they couldn't guarantee the laptop would be damaged further and with the added knowledge that the manager would state that we had broken the ports - not exactly a fair or independent assessment in our opinion.

The problem is now in hand with our credit card comapny but has anyone else had a similar problem with a Sony Viao ?.

The irony of the matter is the fact we bought a Sony Netbook only last year, from the same shop, and it works fine despite using the USB Ports.

0 REPLIES 0