Join now - be part of our community!

Help with PCv-W1 Clock

ccaasde
Visitor

Help with PCv-W1 Clock

Hi All,

I own a PCV-W1 and when you shut the keboard towards the screen it used to show the time. However, it doesn't do this any more and it still has the Windows Desktop showing. Any ideas how to get this back?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Download the update from www.vaio-link.com

ccaasde
Visitor

Apologies for cross posting.
Where abouts do I download it from?
I have downloaded the VAIO Motion Clock Update Program but that doesn't make any difference. It strange how it has just stopped working

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Mmmh, I don't no. I don't have this feature on my VAIO (logically)

Is there any option which you must activate, that you can use this feature? Have you looked at the manual?

kee-lo_

That's strange it should work...
Have you had a look at VAIO-Link's troubleshooting area?

ccaasde
Visitor

I run that update and it does work. Its just when I closed the keyboard I wasn't logged in and thats why I thought it wasn't working.

Thanks for the help

gyp4242
Visitor

Hi I know its been a long time but do you still have the  update for the keyboard closure problem I cant find it on the sony site to download it.

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi gyp4242,

The Motion Clock update seems to have disappeared and this may be because it created more problems than it solved. From memory there were problems with DVD’s not being recognised plus other bugs.

The US version is still available and you can try this at your own risk if you wish.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=PCVW510G&upd_id=1579&os_group_id=13#

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
gyp4242
Visitor

Thanks Rich for getting back to me I have already tried that download and it tells me it cant install it as my pc is the wrong model no for that one. Im not really bothered about it not working its just that everytime I boot up Im getting that error message come up, its annoying.  Thanks again anyway just have to live with it I guess.

eye