Join now - be part of our community!

Help with vgc-v2s

paulskyhines
Visitor

Help with vgc-v2s

Hi i have a vgc-v2s, i had to reload the pc but had to do it with an oem disk. I cannot get the tv tuner to work, where can i get the drivers? i could find all the others but not the tv tuner. I am running xp.

Thanks Paul

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Paul and welcome.

You can download the drivers from the Vaio Support website here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGC-V2S&l=en_GB

Under 'Originally Installed' you will find the TV Driver - I think it is called the Sony MPEG Encoder - but you cannot download the Vaio Zone software it is designed to run with so you will have to try it with a third-party TV tuner program.

Personally, I don't think it will work without Vaio Zone installed so I think you will need the Sony Recovery Software Discs

:slight_frown:

paulskyhines
Visitor

Ok thanks, where can i get the disks from as i have lost mine 😞 or what programs could i use to view the tv tuner?

Thanks, Paul.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Paul,

you should be able to order a set of recovery disc's for your Vaio via Sony Vaio support,to find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGC V.

Then next to Select Model - select V2S

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch